UPDATE: We are pleased to announce that the event “Scaling the circular economy for industry” will now take place online on the 27th of October 2020. Please see below for more details.
SCALER is pleased to announce its final event “Scaling the circular economy for industry“, online using Zoom, on 27 October 2020 from 14:00 to 17:00 CET.
Date: 27 October 2020
Time: 14:00 – 17:00 CET
Location: Online, Zoom
Want to discover the latest on industrial symbiosis and the future of sustainable industrial practices? Join our event to hear experiences and case studies from successful industrial symbiosis implementation, find out about tools and gain access to guidelines to kick-start resource efficiency in your own industry.
By achieving industrial symbiosis, European industries will become more resource efficient and therefore more competitive. Territories will be revitalised with industrial links, and communities will be involved in the transformation of the European industrial system.
Gathering businesses, policy makers, academia, standardisation bodies and financiers, this event will explore tools and best practices to support the European process industry in its transition to a circular economy.
The event will be dedicated to knowledge sharing, presenting both best practices from businesses successfully implementing industrial symbiosis practices, along with key tools to help companies kick-start their journey towards resource efficiency and sharing.
14:10 Session 1 – What is the potential of industrial symbiosis in the EU?
This session will explore how industrial symbiosis can act as a key model to transition industry from linear to circular.
- Why industrial symbiosis? Lessons learned from the SCALER project – Marco Estrela, ISQ
- Industrial symbiosis for the circular economy – Laura Cutaia, ENEA
- Introduction to CIRCLean – the new European platform for industrial symbiosis – Rachel Lombardi, International Synergies Ltd
- Environmental and socio-economic benefits of industrial symbiosis – Jean-Baptiste Quintana, Strane Innovation
Followed by Q&A.
15:30 15-min break
15:45 Session 2 – Industrial symbiosis for regional transition
This session will explore existing best practices and present key tools to support businesses in their industrial ecology endeavors.
- Regional industrial symbiosis – Àngels Orduna, A.SPIRE
- Best practices for industrial symbiosis – Dr Karen Miller, The University of Cambridge
- Industrial symbiosis and circular territorial transition – Cliona Howie, EIT Climate-KIC
Followed by Q&A.
Click here to register! For any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org